In June we held a celebration for our ten year anniversary with the Evangelical Academy (EVAK). The theme for the celebration was from Luke 10:2 where Jesus told his disciples The harvest is plentiful, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send workers. Austria desperately needs Austrians to lead the church and we see the EVAK having a key part in this. In the past ten years the Evangelical Academy has seen:
- students from over 26 different churches
- for the past five years at least 100 people have taken at least one class each year. We have many people who audit weekend seminars that help them in the life and ministry
- all of our students are involved in ministry in some form
- seven graduates, all programs are basically evening and weekend courses so it takes longer than going to school full time
- one graduate leads a church plant in a new part of Vienna
- one graduates leads the Evangelical Alliance in Vienna
- one graduate is in leadership at a national level in one of the free church denominations
- a part-time teacher is one of the key people in setting up the program for teaching evangelical religion in the schools
A few more photos have been posed here. On the anniversary we:
- heard from six students about their thoughts on their studies at the EVAK and current ministry
- released a journal that all of the key faculty contributed focusing on ministry in Austria (I had my first article published through this.)
- had a graduation.
It has been a privilege to be a part in the development of the school almost from the beginning in one form or another. Christy and I are keenly aware that our ministry here is dependent on God using many of you to pray and give financially to us. Thank you for being in our ministry team however God has chosen to use you. Thanks!